Church in the Franco-Swiss commune of Saint-Gingolph.
On the initiative of parish priest Cruz, under the direction of a master mason from Sostegno. Construction began in 1770 to replace the old church, which was too small. It was consecrated in 1784.
In 1956-1957, on the initiative of parish priest Paour, it was stripped of its rococo trappings; in 1997-1998, it underwent a complete interior and exterior restoration.
A parish church belonging to the Ainay abbey community in the 12th century, then to Abondance, which was attached to the diocese of Geneva until the 16th century, and finally to the diocese of Annecy.
Church of the entire Franco-Swiss community. Narrowly escaped destruction when the Germans set fire to the village on July 23, 1944. The narthex houses a copy of Ravensburg’s famous “Madonna of the Cloak”.
Dedicated to Saint-Gingolph, martyr of marital fidelity. Owned by the Bourgeoisie during the French Revolution.
All year round, daily.
Animaux : Refused
Rue de L'Eglise